Schedule Your Consultation Today!Book Now
A bridge is a series of three or more crowns joined together and used to replace missing teeth. There are several types of dental bridges and the dentist is prepared to discuss the best option to fit your individual needs.
- The most popular type of bridge is the traditional bridge, which is constructed from a metal or ceramic base that has porcelain layered on top of it to give it a natural tooth look.
- This type of bridge consists of two or more crowns that are supported by your own teeth on both sides of a missing teeth. An artificial tooth (called a pontic) is attached to the anchor teeth creating a bridge. The bridge can fill the gap of two or more teeth.
Reasons your dentist may recommend fixed bridges include:
- To maintain shape and function of the dental arch
- To prevent drifting of the remaining teeth
- To restore your chewing and speaking ability
- To fill the space of missing teeth or as an upgrade from a removable partial denture to a fixed appliance
Treatment for a fixed bridge will require two or more visits.
- At your first appointment the dentist will numb the teeth and prepare them for the bridge framework. Your teeth will then be digitally scanned for the lab for constriction of your fixed dental bridge. Before you leave the office you will be fitted with a temporary bridge until your next appointment.
- Once your final bridgework is complete from the laboratory you will return to our Colorado Springs, CO office for your second visit. At this visit, your dentist will examine the fit of the bridge and make any necessary adjustments. It will then be permanently cemented in place.
After receiving dental bridges, Colorado Springs Dental patients receive home care instructions for how to best care for their new dental work. Remember regular dental visits combined with good eating habits and oral hygiene help lengthen the life of your bridge.
Questions / concerns?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your oral health, we are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss how you can achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.